Decision making processes, be it at the societal or at the personal level, eventually come to a point where one side will challenge the other with a why-question, which is a prompt to justify one’s stance. Thus, technologies for argument mining and argumentation processing are maturing at a rapid pace, giving rise for the first time to argument retrieval. We invite you to participate in the first lab on Argument Retrieval at CLEF 2020 (paper) featuring two tasks.
March 31, 2020: Early bird software submission. April 26, 2020: Registration closes. June 1, 2020 (was May 5): Approaches submission deadline.
- July 17, 2020 (was May 24): Participant paper submission [template] [guidelines] [submission].
- August, 1, 2020 (expected): Evaluation results out, leader board (TIRA).
- August, 14, 2020 (was June 14): Peer review notification.
- August 28, 2020 (was June 28): Camera-ready participant papers submission.
- TBA: Early bird conference registration.
- September 22-25, 2020: Conference.